Today, businesses, influencer marketers, celebrities, and even ordinary Instagram users are eager to get a little blue checkmark on their profiles. In this article, I will tell you about that verified badge, which is very important and share the first steps you need to take to get that verified badge.
You don’t have to be famous or have a big business to be a verified user.
Why do we need to be a verified user?
Having a blue checkmark next to your name means that Instagram knows you personally. Instagram users with a verified badge can deliver their voice faster and to a larger audience. More people than usual are watching them. Once you get this badge, that account is considered trusted all over the world. The reason for this is that it is prestigious because it is difficult to get the badge, and Instagram staff personally introduces it to the profile.
Who can apply for a verification badge?
In August 2018, Instagram changed the rules. Presently anybody can apply for a verification badge on Instagram. Earlier, only celebrities, public figures, and big brands could apply for the engagement, but now small businesses and entrepreneurs can also apply. But there is an issue. Small businesses are less likely to receive a badge. In order to be authenticated according to Instagram’s system, a profile must be a well-known, highly sought-after brand or person.
But there is a solution to every problem. There are brands that, although not so well-known, were able to get a badge on Instagram. I will explain how they did.
What are Instagram’s approval requirements?
- You must first comply with Instagram’s Terms of Service and Public Rules.
- You must be able to prove your identity. The page must be secure. Must represent a real business or personal.
- There must be a single account representing the business (there may be different accounts due to language differences).
- Must have an open profile. The profile must contain a bio, profile picture, and at least one post.
- There should be no links from the profile to other social media channels.
- According to Instagram, the profile must be a very well-known, highly sought-after brand or person.
If you provide incorrect information during the application, the verification badge will be revoked from you and your account may be deleted altogether.
Please note that getting confirmation from Instagram is completely free and there is no charge for the application.
To get a confirmation badge for your brand or business profile:
- Log into your account.
- Click the menu icon in the profile.
- Go to Settings> Account> Request Verification.
- Enter your name and ID.
Ways for small businesses to get a verification badge
According to one Forbes article, a lesser-known writer named Tom Ward began researching for approval. After interviewing several certified individuals, Tom Ward decided that it might be a good idea to work with digital marketing agencies because they have access to a digital portal called Media Partner Support. He thought that if a media partner sent the application instead, the chances of getting approval would increase.
For example, professional makeup artist Rachel Levine repeatedly applied for approval but refused. A year later, he started working with an expert, and soon Instagram provided him with a verification badge. But there is another issue. An agency can only help you if you represent your brand well and gain a large following. In Rachel’s example, when a person sent an Instagram message instead, Rachel had already gained a large following over the course of a year.
Writer Tom Ward, whom we talked about earlier, has not yet received that badge.
5 ways to promote your Instagram account
- Post a profile link to your IG account from other social media channels.
- Promote your IG account on your website.
- Include IG content in your blog posts when appropriate.
- Promote your IG account to paid email lists or your email list.
- Enter your IG account in the Email signature section.
Ways to increase the followers and audience on Instagram
- Try to share videos, live broadcasts, quality photos, stories that Instagram users love, and like.
- Place relevant hashtags on your posts to reach a wider audience.
- Follow Instagram Analytics to understand what attracts your followers.
- Try to communicate with your audience through stories, contests, and stickers you post.
- Share posts when people react the most.
- Keep sharing to keep track of your followers.
Getting approval from Instagram is not easy. But without that approval, fame and prestige will be yours. New and unfamiliar people will trust you more, start following you, and no one will be able to steal your brand name.
In this post, I shared with you the steps I took to get a confirmation badge on Instagram. If you are interested in what I do on Instagram, take a look at Tahir Miri‘s page. Don’t forget to follow the blog https://tahirmiri.com/ on digital marketing, making money on the internet and ways to advertise.